Cow Country Congress set for Oct. 19 at Triple Son Farms in Centerville
CENTERVILLE – The 2018 Cow Country Congress is set for Oct. 19 at Triple Son Farms, 7532 Farm-to-Market Road 542 in Centerville.
Registration is $20 per person, which includes lunch, by Oct. 12 and $30 after. Credit card registration is accepted at https://bit.ly/2Mb6yry. Paper registration can be requested by calling 936-544-7502.
“This year’s Cow Country Congress will feature several topics that will be of interest to beef producers throughout the region,” said Jo Smith, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service agent for Houston County.
The 2018 Cow Country Congress is set for Oct. 19 at Triple Son Farms, 7532 Farm-to-Market Road 542 in Centerville. (Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service photo by Blair Fannin)
“We will have lots of information on cattle handling and best practices, plus discussions on genetics and heifer selection. These programs are always well attended and producers tell us they go home with a lot of information that can be applied to their operations.”
Topics and speakers include:
– Low-Stress Cattle Handling, Dr. Ron Gill, AgriLife Extension beef cattle specialist, College Station.
– Working Dog Demonstration, Gene Stokes, Triples Son Farms ranch manager.
– Disaster Planning for Beef Cattle, Dr. Joe Paschal, AgriLIfe Extension livestock specialist, Corpus Christi.
– Cattle Development: Genetics and Geography, Paschal.
– Disaster Planning for Forage, Gill.
– Heifer Selection, Dr. Jason Cleere, AgriLife Extension beef cattle specialist, College Station.
Platinum sponsor is Capital Farm Credit. For more information, call 936-544-7502.