Southern States Forage Conference set March 31 in Texarkana
TEXARKANA, ARKANSAS – The Southern States Forage Conference is scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. March 31 at the Four States Fairgrounds Fine Arts Building, 3700 E. 50th St., Texarkana, Arkansas.
The event is a collaboration between the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service and the Louisiana State University Ag Center; Oklahoma State University; and the University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture Research and Extension.
Registration is onsite and begins at 8:30 a.m. Cost is $30 per person or $50 per couple and includes lunch.
Topics and speakers include:
– Leasing property — Know your rights: Dr. Tiffany Dowell Lashmet, AgriLife Extension, Amarillo.
– Producing baleage — Dr. Mike McCormick, LSU Ag Center, retired.
– Management to extend grazing season — Dr. Paul Beck, University of Arkansas.
– Annual warm-season legumes — Dr. Vanessa Corriher-Olson, AgriLife Extension, Overton.
– Alfalfa — Dr. John Jennings, University of Arkansas.
– Wildlife nutrition and potential benefits of forage — Dr. Billy Higginbotham, AgriLife Extension, Overton.
For more information, contact Corriher-Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 903-834-6191.